Slican PBXes linking
Today, when we work often in a distributed organizational structures (headquarters, branches, warehouses, delegations, etc.), it became extremely important to use solutions that ensure reliable communication between distributed entities. To respond quickly to new business opportunities and competitive challenges, every organization must provide excellent communication both with the external world, as within its own structures.Many companies and institutions work with different communication systems. Each of them requires different solutions, specialist support, provide separate reports, etc. Its management is difficult, time consuming and costly. PBX linking improves organizational efficiency and is cheaper than maintaining of separate devices. In today's world organizational or geographical boundaries, do not constitute any obstacles to business.
By creating an unified communications network we have to keep in mind aspect of convenience and simplicity of solutions, used every day by workers, as well as the expected economic results of implementing the project of free communication between offices.
What are the benefits of networking exchanges?
- Easy and pleasant service for network users - uniform internal numbering.
- The homogeneous structure - identical and reliable solutions in all points (offices).
- Access via a single device to analogue, ISDN, IP and GSM calls.
- One suite of support calls applications (billing, traffic analysis, etc.).
- New marketing tool in relations with customers (convenient numbering plans).
- Intuitive administrative visual platform for network management - service by one administrator from one stand - workplace.
- Work schedules and automation of repetitive events.
How to link PBXes, so a little technique
Slican responding to the challenges of modern organizations has created a new generation of networking protocol eSSL (extended Slican Smart Link). Its capabilities include:
Building Network up to several thousands of users:
- up to 3999 linked extensions
- up to 15 linked PBXes in one network
- linked systems - all Slican servers with firmware no 6.20 or higher*
- subscribers from different PBXes can belong to one group
PBXes connected into one system send to each other:
- information about PBX type and serial number
- extension number and subscribers description
- port status: free, damaged, called, DND
- information about extension – subscriber, account, group, sensor and PBX door phone
- transfer of rights and access classes
Phone book in eSSL networks:
- each PBX in network knows configuration of other systems - so internal calls between linked PBXes are automatic and do not require programming.
- internal phone book includes list of all subscribers from linked PBXes with the exception of subscribers described as "does not show an extension in the extensions directory".
- printing of system Phone key description label - individual settings in accordance to system phone type, font type and color.
Convenience and safety of a new networking with eSSL protocol:
- trunk failure in eSSL network – all connections will be established automatically – PBX will switch into connection via PSTS line.
- if whole eSSL calls are routed via one PBX and one PSTN trunk – to describe costs of calls it is enough to use one Slican BillingMAN base.
More about Slican IP PBXes linking using new extended Slican Smart Link protocol read on Slican Wiki pages.
* excluding IPM-032.L and IPS-08.103 low cost version