Fujitsu fi-7180 document scanner
The fast,compact and intuitive fi-7180 desktop scanner from Fujitsu comes well equipped to seamlessly process your documents into the digital world. Increase productivity/collaboration/customer satisfaction,meet legal and regulatory obligations and disaster recovery objectives,save space and money and address sustainability management.
The fi-7180 comes equipped with iSOP (Intelligent Sonic Paper Protection);which detects changes in the acoustic noise generated by paper,enhances the paper feeding process and reduces the risk of having documents damaged by sensing the audible noise of paper movements and stopping the feeding of sheets when an irregular noise is encountered. Additionally it features innovatively developed hardware and software to help augment your daily routines and boost your organization's efficiency.
The fi-7180 is designed to support document capture routines either for knowledge workers or for small workgroups. Easy to set up,use and maintain this robust scanner is built on years of solid reputation and comes bundled with a user friendly and intuitive scanner driver PaperStream IP along with batch scanning automation and enhancement software PaperStream Capture.
Integrated within the operating panel an LCD shows useful information such as current scanner settings,operating status and a paper counter.
Scanner Central Admin software enable this and other Fujitsu scanners to be managed and maintained from a single location to minimize scanner downtime anywhere on the global system.
Built on class leading and proven feeding capabilities help ensure that the speedy scanning of mixed batches at the desktop is a breeze (the fi-7180 can scan at 80 double sided pages per minute) and helps minimize the pre-processing time required. Should you be scanning mixed batches of differing thicknesses of documents then the "skew reducer" reduces the physical skew that documents encounter through the paper path ensuring that each document is captured with the utmost precision and simplicity.
The fi-7180 additionally make use of an ultrasonic sensor that accurately detects multifeed errors where two or more sheets are fed through the scanner at once plus the Intelligent Multifeed Function allows document scan parameters to be applied which enables the sensors to be set up to help identify and subsequently ignore attachments such as sticky notes or items with a photo attached that would otherwise cause disruptions to the scanning process.
Bundled with the fi-7180 scanner is PaperStream IP and PaperStream Capture,which are a genuinely developed TWAIN and ISIS scanner driver and document capture software application,designed for enhanced image processing and instant batch scanning.
- Fast and compact
- The fi-7180 has been introduced to support increasingly diverse business related document capture routines at the desktop of individual knowledge workers or small workgroups. Simple,productivity-boosting operation virtually eliminates training requirements.
- Large volume hopper
- Featuring a high capacity hopper tray,these scanners allow for loading document batches containing up to 80 sheets at a time - and allowing for the continuous feeding of additional documents whilst scanning.
- High-speed interface
- USB 3.0 support ensures high-speed data transfer between scanner and computer.
- LCD status display and control panel
- A liquid crystal display (LCD) is included in the operator panel to display useful information including current settings for scanning documents,the number of sheets scanned,and error status. Users know the scanner status in the blink of an eye and can easily select and initiate predefined scanning profiles.
- iSOP - intelligent Sonic Paper Protection
- Building on and incorporating the market-proven paper protection mechanisms of previous fi-series scanners,the fi-7180 introduces an additional market innovation for safeguarding any paper documents. By listening to the audible sound of paper movements,intelligent Sonic Paper Protection automatically suspends paper feeding if an irregular noise is detected. This advanced Paper Protection feature reliably reduces the risk of damaging documents during scanning.
- Stable paper feeding with skew reduction
- The fi-7180 is equipped with a "Skew Reducer" to maintain the straight alignment of paper feeding. Particularly valuable for mixed document batches containing small format documents or thin paper sheets,this function reduces the physical skew of documents throughout the paper path. Even the most untidy batches are given special treatment sheet-by-sheet,which ensures total coverage for every scan:no lost data on the edges or in the corners,no more rescans.
- Less effort for effective,efficient pre-scan processing
- The fi-7180 brings industry leading mixed batch scanning capabilities to the desktop with a design that allows for a record breaking mixed batch feeding range from 27-413 g/m2,freeing the user from most paper weight related pre-sorting requirements. The fi-7180 makes use of an ultrasonic sensor that accurately detects errors where two or more sheets are fed through the scanner at once. Multifeed detection works reliably when scanning mixed batches of documents with different paper weights and sizes. When multifeed is detected,the user is instantly alerted and can continue capturing all relevant sheets and pages without losing relevant information.
What's in the box
- Fujitsu fi-7180
- Scanner Central Admin,PaperStream IP,PaperStream Capture
|Type||Document scanner - desktop|
|Interface Type||USB 3.0|
|Max Supported Document Size||216 x 355.6 mm|
|Grayscale Depth (External)||8-bit (256 grey levels)|
|Colour Depth (External)||24-bit (16.7 million colours)|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi x 600 dpi|
|Scan Element Type||Dual CCD|
|Max Document Scan Speed B/W||80 ppm|
|Max Document Scan Speed Colour||80 ppm|
|Duty Cycle||6000 scans per day|
|Scanner Speed Details||80 ppm - colour - 200 dpi
80 ppm - colour - 300 dpi
80 ppm - greyscale - 200 dpi
80 ppm - greyscale - 300 dpi
80 ppm - black & white - 200 dpi
80 ppm - black & white - 300 dpi
160 ipm - duplex - colour - 200 dpi
160 ipm - duplex - colour - 300 dpi
160 ipm - duplex - greyscale - 200 dpi
160 ipm - duplex - greyscale - 300 dpi
160 ipm - duplex - black & white - 200 dpi
160 ipm - duplex - black & white - 300 dpi
|Scanner Features||Built-in LCD screen|
|Max Document Size||216 mm x 5588 mm|
|Supported Document Type||Plain paper|
|Document Feeder Type||Automatic|
|Document Storage Capacity||80 sheets|
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Interfaces||USB 3.0 - Type B|
|EPEAT Compliant||EPEAT Silver|
|ENERGY STAR Qualified||Yes|
|Power Device||Internal power supply|
|Voltage Required||AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)|
|Power Consumption Operational (Standby)||42 Watt (1.8 Watt)|
|Software / System Requirements|
|Software Included||Scanner Central Admin,PaperStream IP,PaperStream Capture|
|OS Required||Microsoft Windows Server 2008,Microsoft Windows Server 2012,Microsoft Windows Vista / XP / 7 / 8|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Min Operating Temperature||5 °C|
|Max Operating Temperature||35 °C|
|Humidity Range Operating||20 - 80% (non-condensing)|