Cisco Catalyst 3850-24P-L
The Cisco Catalyst 3850 series is the next generation of enterprise-class stackable access-layer switch that provides full convergence between wired and wireless on a single platform. Cisco's Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) powers the switch and enables uniform wired-wireless policy enforcement,application visibility,flexibility and application optimization. The Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switch supports full IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+),modular and field-replaceable network modules,redundant fans and power supplies.
- Converged wired plus wireless access
- The Cisco Catalyst 3850 is the first stackable access switching platform that enables wired plus wireless services on a single Cisco IOS XE Software-based platform. With this,Cisco has pioneered a host of rich capabilities such as high availability based on stateful switchover (SSO) on stacking,granular QoS,security,and Flexible Netflow (FNF) across wired and wireless in a seamless fashion. The single console port for command-line interface (CLI) management reduces the number of touch points to manage for wired plus wireless services,thereby reducing network complexity,simplifying network operations,and lowering the TCO to manage the infrastructure.
- Cisco StackWise-480 technology
- Cisco StackWise-480 technology is built on the highly successful industry-leading StackWise technology,which is a premium stacking architecture. StackWise-480 has a stack bandwidth of 480 Gbps. The stack behaves as a single switching unit that is managed by an "active" switch elected by the member switches. The active switch automatically elects a standby switch within the stack. The active switch creates and updates all the switching/routing/wireless information and constantly synchronizes that information with the standby switch. StackWise-480 creates a highly resilient single unified system of up to four switches,providing simplified management using a single IP address,single Telnet session,single CLI,auto-version checking,auto-upgrading,auto-configuration,and more. StackWise-480 also enables local switching in Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches.
- Cisco StackPower technology
- The Cisco Catalyst 3850 series uses the Cisco StackPower technology present on the Cisco Catalyst 3850 series. StackPower is a power interconnect system that allows the power supplies in a stack to be shared as a common resource among all the switches. Cisco StackPower unifies the individual power supplies installed in the switches and creates a pool of power,directing that power where it is needed.
- Efficient switch operation
- Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches,designed and engineered by Cisco,provide optimum power-saving,EEE,low-power operations for industry best-in-class power management and power consumption capabilities. The Cisco Catalyst 3850 ports are capable of reduced power modes so that ports not in use can move into a lower power utilization state.
- Network management tools
- The Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switch offers both a superior CLI for detailed configuration and Cisco Prime infrastructure for unified wired plus wireless management. Prime infrastructure provides day 0 and ongoing provisioning,ongoing monitoring and maintenance,configuration templates,and device and user 360-degree views and serves as the FNF collector for user traffic views using the prime assurance manager module.
- Superior QoS
- The Cisco Catalyst 3850 series offers Gigabit Ethernet speed with intelligent services that keep traffic flowing smoothly,even at 10 times the normal network speed. Industry-leading mechanisms for cross-stack marking,classification,and scheduling deliver superior performance for data,voice,and video traffic,all at wire speed.
|Device Type||Switch - 24 ports - Managed - stackable|
|Enclosure Type||Desktop,rack-mountable 1U|
|Ports||24 x 10/100/1000 (PoE+)|
|Power Over Ethernet (PoE)||PoE+|
|PoE Budget||435 W|
|Performance||Switching capacity:88 Gbps
Stacking bandwidth:480 Gbps
Switched virtual interfaces (SVIs):1000
|MAC Address Table Size||32000 entries|
|Jumbo Frame Support||9198 bytes|
|Remote Management Protocol||SNMP 1,RMON 1,RMON 2,Telnet,SNMP 3,SNMP 2c,SSH,CLI|
|Authentication Method||Kerberos,Secure Shell (SSH),RADIUS,TACACS+|
|Features||Auto-negotiation,ARP support,trunking,VLAN support,auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X),IGMP snooping,Syslog support,IPv6 support,Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support,Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support,DHCP snooping,Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) support,Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) support,Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support,Access Control List (ACL) support,Quality of Service (QoS),RADIUS support,Virtual Route Forwarding-Lite (VRF-Lite),MLD snooping,Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI),PoE+,STP Root Guard,Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD),Rapid Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVRST+),IPv4 support,Shaped Round Robin (SRR),Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP),Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN),layer 3 load balancing,Energy Efficient Ethernet,Cisco StackWise-480 technology,Cisco StackPower technology,Flexible NetFlow (FNF)|
|Compliant Standards||IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3u,IEEE 802.3z,IEEE 802.1D,IEEE 802.1Q,IEEE 802.3ab,IEEE 802.1p,IEEE 802.3af,IEEE 802.3x,IEEE 802.3ad (LACP),IEEE 802.1w,IEEE 802.1x,IEEE 802.1s,IEEE 802.3at|
|Flash Memory||2 GB|
|Status Indicators||Port transmission speed,port duplex mode,system,status,PoE|
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Interfaces||24 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45 - PoE+ - 30 W
1 x USB - Type A
1 x console - mini-USB Type B - management
1 x RS-232 - RJ-45 - management
1 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45 - management
2 x network stack device
|Expansion Slots||1 (total) / 1 (free) x Expansion Slot|
|Power Device||Internal power supply|
|Installed Qty||1 (installed) / 2 (max)|
|Power Redundancy Scheme||1+1 (with optional power supply)|
|Power Provided||715 Watt|
|Voltage Required||AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)|
|Compliant Standards||CISPR 22 Class A,GOST,BSMI CNS 13438 Class A,CISPR 24,EN 61000-3-2,NOM,EN 61000-3-3,EN55024,EN55022 Class A,ICES-003 Class A,RoHS,UL 60950-1 Second Edition,KCC,FCC Part 15 A,ISO 7779,CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1 Second Edition,EN 60950-1 Second Edition,IEC 60950-1 Second Edition,VCCI Class A|
|Software / System Requirements|
|Software Included||Cisco IOS LAN Base|
|Dimensions & Weight|
|Service & Support||Limited warranty - advance parts replacement - lifetime - response time:next business day
Technical support - consulting - 90 days
|Min Operating Temperature||-5 °C|
|Max Operating Temperature||45 °C|
|Humidity Range Operating||10 - 95% (non-condensing)|
|Min Storage Temperature||-40 °C|
|Max Storage Temperature||70 °C|